Could Your Dog Become a Life Saver?
How long does it take?
How often can my pet donate?
Requirements for Donating Blood:
A healthy canine weighing 35 pounds or more and between the ages of 9 months and 7 years. (A dog may remain in the program until they reach the age of 9 years. Therefore, a dog must be no older than 7 years to make the required one year commitment.)
- Blood donors must have no history of serious diseases, and cannot be on medication.
- A commitment to donate 8 times over the course of one year. (Dogs can safely donate as often as every three weeks… most only donate every 5-7 weeks.)
- Donors must be brought to our facility or to a blood drive location. If you are not in our area, please contact us. We may be able to direct you to a nearby donation site.
- Dogs must be maintained on heartworm preventive and must be current with their regular veterinarian’s preventive health and vaccination schedule.
- Please note that some medications may exclude your dog from the blood donor program.